Saturday, September 08, 2007

Under the Same Moon

UNDER THE SAME MOON (2007) - Sept. 8, 2007
A heartwarming film about a young boy from Mexico who decides to travel to America to be with his mother. The film was melodramatic and unabashedly sentimental, and quite predictable too, but I still really enjoyed it. Maybe it was the fact that I had just been subjected to one of the most pretentiously boring films I've ever seen (or at least part of it), but I found this movie to be quite delightful. It helps that the performances were all superb, and the characters become people that we really care about (it's pretty much impossible not to root for the kid in his quest to reunite with his mom, particularly when everything starts to go wrong). It's not a very subtle film, but it was an enjoyable one; I wouldn't be surprised if this became a minor hit at the box office (it's a definite crowd-pleaser). ***1/2

No comments: