Sunday, June 06, 2010

Dragon Tiger Gate


DRAGON TIGER GATE (2006) - June 6, 2010
Hmmm...  About a couple of estranged brothers who were brought up at a school for kung-fu, and the stuff that happens.  Honestly, I'm having a hard time summing this movie up, as it was never particularly clear what it was about.  It was pretty muddled; in particular, I had no idea who the bad guy was, or what his deal was -- why did he want to kill the main characters?  What was at stake?  I really wasn't sure.  The movie kind of felt like it was originally much longer, and was cut down in a really sloppy way.  I'm not sure if that's actually the case, though I suspect it is; it was a bit of a mess.  Aside from that, it was decently directed by Wilson Yip, and featured some expectedly exciting action (though it was much more over-the-top and wirey than the previous Yip / Donnie Yen collaborations).  **

No comments: