Monday, November 10, 2008

Changeling

CHANGELING (2008) - Nov. 10, 2008
Clint Eastwood's hot streak continues. About a woman whose missing son supposedly returns -- only he's not actually her son. A battle with a corrupt police force ensues. Featuring expectedly stellar direction from Eastwood, and some really nice looking cinematography from Tom Stern, this was definitely a good-looking film. It was fairly slow-paced, but I was completely entertained throughout (my attention waned a bit towards the end, but that may have been because I had to go to the bathroom pretty badly). The performances are all really good, centred by an astounding performance from Angelina Jolie -- I've never been completely sold on Jolie as a great actress, but I guess I am now. It was a really impressive performance, and not just for the sheer endurance of all that crying she had to do, but for the quieter moments as well. ***1/2

No comments: