Friday, July 06, 2007

Transformers

TRANSFORMERS (2007) - July 6, 2007
Man am I glad I was never really a fan of the Transformers, because if I was, I'd be pretty peeved right now. Actually, I am peeved for having to sit through that thing, but I'd be more peeved. I didn't think it was possible for a film to feature even worse writing than License to Wed, but my God... this film had some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a theatrical movie. The dialogue was just so stilted and hackneyed, and the "humour" was about as juvenile as you could possibly imagine. If you told me the whole thing was written by a twelve year old, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. As for Michael Bay's direction, he is almost becoming a parody of himself with all the slow motion and sweeping camera moves. I actually thought the action in this film wasn't quite as bad as some of Bay's recent movies (I think with giant robots he's finally found material that suits his way over-the-top style of action), but there was just so much of it, especially towards the end. It was mind numbing. And can someone please explain to me why this film needed to be almost two and a half hours?? Oh man. So boring. *

No comments: