Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Holiday

THE HOLIDAY (2006) - Nov. 30, 2006
Well, I think that may qualify as too much of a good thing (there's a reason why 90 minutes is the standard run-time for a romantic comedy -- much more than that is generally just too much, no matter how well-made it is). This was almost two hours and twenty minutes, and given that it contained two completely separate stories, it basically felt like two different romantic comedies crammed together. It was well made, and certainly well acted, and I was never bored (I mean, there was nothing here we haven't seen a million times before, but I guess you have to expect that out of a movie like this), but jeez... Does a cheesy romantic comedy like this really need to be almost as long as the Godfather? I don't think so. **1/2

No comments: