Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING (2006) - Oct. 7, 2006
Hate is not a strong enough word to describe my feelings for this film. I loathed this movie. I despised it. I thought that there was nowhere to go but up after the last one, but I could not have been more wrong. This was an unpleasant, boring, repugnant and ugly little film. The characters were flat and underdeveloped, even by horror movie standards; the same goes for the plot. The film simply lurched from one scene of sadistic gore to the next - it's neither scary nor suspenseful - with nothing propelling the movie forward other than a desire to be as gross and unpleasant as possible. This was essentially a snuff film, but then I'm sure that even some snuff films are made with more intelligence and artistry than this festering, putrid pile of rat vomit. ZERO STARS

No comments: