Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Elizabethtown

ELIZABETHTOWN (2005) - Oct. 19, 2005
That was odd. It was odd because it was well made and well acted (even Orlando Bloom was pretty good) and yet... I didn't like it. I'm not sure why. It seemed like I should have liked it. The direction was good, it seemed to be well written, and I liked all of the characters. But I didn't enjoy it for some reason. I was bored. And I don't know why. It just seemed lifeless somehow; like it was lacking something that I just can't quite put my finger on. Certainly, it had its moments. It started out pretty well. And the funeral scene towards the end was pretty good, and actually had me forgetting how bored I was during the rest of the movie. But after that it seemed like the movie should have ended, and it didn't (it went on for another long fifteen minutes or so). It's weird, because I'm finding myself thinking about the movie quite a bit with fond memories, despite the fact that I was quite bored while watching it. I feel like I should watch it again, if only to figure out what exactly I don't like about it. **

No comments: