Friday, December 18, 2009

A Christmas Carol


A CHRISTMAS CAROL (2009) - Dec. 18, 2009
Another disappointing and visually unappealing mo-cap fiasco from the once-talented Robert Zemeckis.  I think I've already made my issues with Zemeckis' ill-advised ultra-real mo-cap style fairly clear, so I won't repeat them.  As for the movie itself, its main problem is that Scrooge just isn't a particularly interesting character, and since we're all abundantly familiar with his jerk to nice-guy character arc, the movie tends to feel a bit dull and pointless.  It doesn't help that there isn't really any conflict in the story -- there isn't much at stake for Scrooge to become a nice guy, other than Tiny Tim's life, I guess.  I don't know, the whole thing was basically entertaining I guess, but kind of dull.  **

No comments: