Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Timecrimes

TIMECRIMES (2007) - June 2, 2009
An intriguing thriller about a man who stumbles onto a facility where time travel takes place, and the many shenanigans that ensue. This is one of those movies that really has to be watched more than once to fully appreciate -- the film is continually adding new layers to what has previously unfolded, and so a second viewing would definitely be interesting, if not downright necessary. My main problem with this film is that many of the main character's actions as the film progresses seem quite illogical, though the more I think about it the more I think it does make sense. I do feel like I need to see this again to know I really feel about it, though. The film is definitely quite well made; I'm looking forward to seeing what Nacho Vigalondo comes up with next. ***

No comments: