Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Exorcist: The Beginning

EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING (2004) - August 24, 2004 (S)
I'd like to see the original version of this movie. Stellan Skarsgard was good, but the movie... I don't know. It started off well enough. In fact, for the first half-hour or so, I was thinking "hey, this isn't so bad!" But then it just seemed to run out of steam and it pretty much went nowhere. It probably didn't help that it wasn't scary, creepy, or even shocking (I don't think there was a single legitimate, non-"oh, it was just the radio!" shock in the whole movie). Plus the character of the main woman was pretty much useless, and only really existed to get possessed at the end. And Stellan regaining his faith seemed a little too easy. I mean, come on, he only decides to stop being grizzled and to become a priest again after he personally sees the devil posses someone? I think I would become a priest after that. **

No comments: